Saturday, November 14, 2015

Hasbro FIM Collection Figure Now Out

I just went to Toys R Us yesterday and was happy to see that the mini figure of Maud in Hasbro's Friendship is Magic line was there -- and for only $2.99. I was so excited to get a better look at the toy I purchased that when I got home I forgot to take a photo of it packaged, but I had opened it carefully so I managed to just pop her back in and then take a photo. The package shows a clip of the scene the figure recreates, though I'm pretty sure it isn't directly taken from the show as her mouth is open here, and I don't remember her mouth ever being open while Gummy was on her.

Previously upon seeing photos of an opened sample, I thought the removable dress would be two separating plastic pieces that would snap together with pegs or something due to the slit that was visible, but after opening mine I found that the dress is actually one solid piece of rubber/soft plastic that sorta wraps around her in an almost clamping manner that you can wiggle her out of. This probably explains why her belt (or whatever you'd call it) isn't painted as it should be.

Also, as you may have noticed, we have more confirmation that her cutie mark is a well-cut gray rock -- not a rough cut one (which you can read more about in my cutie mark post).


For the most part, this figure is awesome. The play value interfered a bit with the figure's look (particularly the pointy Gummy-perch in her hair and the cumbersome look of her dress), but I find that giving a toy play value gives it more heart, so it's fine. Here's one of the first things I did with mine -- have her hang out with Fluttershy.


No comments:

Post a Comment