Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Funko Vinyl Collectible Vinyl Figure Now Out

A few days ago I read reports that the large, non-blind-packaged Maud figure by Funko was being spotted in stores (Hot Topic, if nowhere else), leaving me to duly plan for an upcoming trip to my nearest Hot Topic. I was worried that maybe they would've sold out of the figure by the time I got there since I wasn't sure how long it'd been out or how fast these things sell, but I was happy to see that they still had one on the shelves. I grabbed it and soon noticed that it had a "Hot Topic Exclusive Pre-Release" sticker on it like my Princess Twilight Sparkle did, so I guess it's only at Hot Topic right now but will get released other places later or something. 






The only nitpick I have with the package is the college-sweater-font they use, but everything else is great, especially that red backdrop they included this time around -- it really adds to it all. Now, let's take a look at it opened, in all it's well-sculpted glory.


I'm really satisfied with it -- I mean, it blows away any Hasbro release and just looks good regardless of any comparisons. A small detail I really appreciate is her non-smiling face -- the Enterplay Mane Character card for Maud had her smiling on both the front and back pictures which bugs me more than it probably should, but I just don't see it as the best representation of her considering she only smiles for a few seconds of her screen time compared to the minutes and minutes of her not smiling. But anyways, it's time for the customary hanging out with Fluttershy... and look, Pinkie Pie joined in, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment