Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pinkie Pie and Maud Pie Tin

Sometime recently (either this month or last month, March or April 2015) I visited a Toys R Us with plans to buy some My Little Pony Series 3 Trading Cards. Unfortunately, there were none to be found and I had no choice but to leave empty-handed. I resolved to visit another one that same day, and as I walked up to the trading card area this time, not only did I find some packs, but I also found this amazing Pinkie Pie & Maud Pie Tin. I first heard about it through a YouTube video, and since I instantly knew I had to get it, I was happy to stumble upon it. When I returned home, I got to admire the lunchbox-style tin for the first time in person.


It showcases several pictures of Pinkie and Maud, such as them talking after the "Pinkie-Rainbow-Rari-Twi-Apple-Flutter-Maud Fun Time" obstacle course, them at the picnic with Boulder, Pinkie hugging Maud in Rarity's boutique (which, oddly, has the background altered to be an arrangement of the train's interior background), and even some of the rock candy samples.



Upon opening it up, I was greeted with a fantastic poster of Maud hugging Pinkie Pie (the hug that actually happened in the train). It's a really great picture of the two sisters that perfectly captures the relationship Maud and Pinkie have -- they're so different, and yet they function on a completely mutual level of courtesy and respect. I made sure to scrounge up a frame so I could hang it on my wall.


Also inside the tin were an assortment of Collectible Card Game cards and Series 3 Trading Cards, including an exclusive "Pie Sisters" card which shows the same picture as the poster. I opened the card packs up hoping to get some of the Maud cards, particularly the standee, but had no such luck. I'm really glad this tin got made, as it's fun to find some really well made Maud merchandise out in the wild, especially one with such attention to detail. I can't help but think that the people at Enterplay (the company that made this) must be pretty big Pony fans themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment